[Linux-aus] Voting Code - nearly done!

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Wed Nov 24 07:57:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,

the LA ctte went about figuring out how best to get our voting code
done, particularly to intergrate with our existing memberdb, which
Stewart was good enough to put together over the last year in his own
time. We estimated it would take 3-5 days of work to do the voting code,
and cost about $1000. We got this figure verified by a few quotes on the
job.

We decided again after getting a few quotes for the job that Stewart was
the best person to do this job, after all he knows the MemberDB system
very well, and he works with databases a lot these days. We will be
paying him $1000 for a weeks work and the system should be finished this
week. This means we should be able to open for nominations by early
December right on schedule. We see spending these funds as normal
business costs, and wanted to ensure the community was informed in line
with our focus on transparency.

If anyone has any suggestions for Stewart, please feel free to email him
at stewart at linux.org.au. Rock on Stewart! :)

Cheers,
Pia
--