[Linux-aus] FTA/Open Source SIG in Sydney tomorrow

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue May 25 13:45:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:12:35PM +0930, Dan Shearer wrote:
> > , it would be worthwhile for OSIA to contact them/their
> > > members, as I don't believe they know the OS environment in Australia at
> > > all, and so created their own discussion forum.
> >
> > Several from OSIA have expressed concern about these guys, so I'm not sure
> > about taking this further. They only seem to have discovered open source
> > over the past few months...
>
> This last sentence is not the case. I've been noticing their OSS-related
> seminars and so on for a couple of years now. However I am very sure

Interesting. I've been getting (multiple duplicate) emails from them for
some time, but only in the past few months have they formed (and started
proselytising) an open source SIG.

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477