[Linux-aus] FTA/Open Source SIG in Sydney tomorrow

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue May 25 11:36:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:51:34AM +1000, Pia Smith wrote:

> Contact fta at linux.org.au for a WIKI username and password.
>
> > It may be interesting if somewhere were able to go and check it out.
> > That could provide us with some more real feedback on what OIC is.
>
> It was interesting, the OIC gentleman was almost defending the FTA,
> didn't seem to have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion,
> and his gripe was that e-commerce only had 3 pages in the FTA. I told
> him we should be so lucky to have only 3 pages in the FTA, as we are
> quite restricted and it potentially ruins our section of the industry,
> when e-commerce itself isn't so pillaged.

You hit him with a clue-by-four, huh? ;-)

> I think OIC is kind of like OSIA, run by businesses trying to understand
> what is happening, it would be worthwhile for OSIA to contact them/their
> members, as I don't believe they know the OS environment in Australia at
> all, and so created their own discussion forum.

Several from OSIA have expressed concern about these guys, so I'm not sure
about taking this further. They only seem to have discovered open source
over the past few months...

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477