[Linux-aus] RELEASE: DON'T LET YOUR VENDOR'S ROADMAP LEAD YOU UP THE GARDEN PATH

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon May 17 05:00:02 UTC 2004

Stewart Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 14:36, Ryan Verner wrote:
>
>>>I think the difference is - we admit that we might not make them :)
>>
>>Depends.  Look at sourceforge; plenty of vaporware.
>
> and anyone is free to resume these projects, or use them as a base for
> others - unlike proprietary vaporware, where there is just vapor.

There is also a difference between starting something and never
finishing it, and marketting the s**t out of a product which simply
doesn't exist. I don't think you can call having a project registered on
SF as being marketting -- there's not nearly enough t-shirts.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"