[Linux-aus] Hardware resellers of the world, rejoice!

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Thu May 6 09:12:01 UTC 2004

I reckon that must be a load of ...... .

There is no way that anyone is going to adopt Longhorn if you have to
have a system with specs such as that.  I'm assuming from the graphics
card comment that they are talking about end users on desktop machines
there running Longhorn and not just servers (considering all servers
need is a graphics card that (barely) works).

A lot of businesses work on a 3-4 year cycle of computers (some longer),
so considering the release is supposed to be around 2006-2007(?),
businesses currently buying computers now for their next cycle certainly
aren't going to be able to touch it if you need specs like that.

I seriously don't think even Microsoft are that insane.

/ Ben