[Linux-aus] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Thu Mar 25 10:51:01 UTC 2004

At 2004/3/25 09:12+0800  Leon Brooks writes:
> > through straight away.
>
> Unfortunately, you still have to virus-and-spam scan them all anyway,
> since many spammers, both meatware and viral, forge the sender address.

Agreed. It won't fix all of the problems - eg outlook users who are
subscribed to the list and may catch a virus. It has however made a
big difference on the LSB lists which are low traffic. We used
spamassassin as well, but even then, most of the posts getting through
were spam.

There was a bit of pain at first with getting the whitelisting right
(we have automated systems which report to the mailing lists), but
overall the change has been for the better.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org