[Linux-aus] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Wed Mar 24 16:55:02 UTC 2004

At 2004/3/24 19:38+1100  Stewart Smith writes:
> On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 12:45, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > This does require a group of people to volunteer to moderate non
> > subscriber posts, but it has worked well on a few lists I'm on (the
> > spam level has dropped to zero).
>
> Which means increased latency of posts going through - and let's face it
> - some discussions can go pretty quickly.

I agree it can be a problem (thus having a pool of moderators
helps).

But note that its only the first time someone posts from an email
address which they are not subscribed as, that the message gets
held. After that they can be whitelisted and all of their messages go
through straight away. Can probably be done premptively too if someone
was particularly concerned.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org