[Linux-aus] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed Mar 24 16:08:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 00:13, David Lloyd wrote:
> They've proven they can post to a mailing list. Diddims. If it were
> closed, they could prove they were determined enough to actually CARE
> that their post got rejected.

Also think about cross-list discussions. Not everybody is going to be on
both lists, and both lists should get all the messages.

If I'm replying to a post, and one of the destination drops it because
of "list only" posting - i do the same, drop the error message. Quite
simply: I have no desire to be on yet-another-mailing-list; especially
one where there is only *one* thread that i care about.

--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia