[Linux-aus] the purpose of Linux Australia (was: returned mail)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Mar 24 08:44:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:00, Bret Busby wrote:
> So, you believe that the purpose of Linux Australia, is to distribute
> spam and viruses?

Tongue-in-cheek: well it might help in convincing more list denizens to
not post with Outlook.

Seriously: Bret, that's a specious argument and I'd appreciate you using
more honourable debating tactics if you plan to continue participating
in our little alleged virus-swapping community.

You could reasonably say "_a_ purpose of Linux Australia" and then the
question would merely be rhetorical and rude, but saying "_the_
purpose" is extremely and pointedly insulting to all of the efforts
(and results) of the many intelligent and hard-working people who
contribute to LA and to this list. In their name, I ask you to never do
that again.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Vice President, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA