[Linux-aus] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Dennis Gilmore dennis at dgilmore.net
Wed Mar 24 08:52:02 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Wednesday 24 March 2004 10:40 am, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:28, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > Ive been getting viruses on mailing lists that are subscriber only.
>
> I've been getting bounces accusing the list itself (not people sending
> through the list) of sending spam. I would want to be checking the
> headers of any such message _very_ carefully before assuming that it
> really did come through the list.
>
> Cheers; Leon

oh i have checked them and they have indead gone through the list to me it
just goes to show how bad the security of certain mail clients is.  the fact
that they allow for these things to happen goes to show how much thought they
put into the design.

but then there hasnt been much thought there at all i dont think.

Dennis