[Linux-aus] FTA circumvention devices

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Fri Mar 5 11:48:02 UTC 2004

At 2004/3/5 14:19+1100  Rusty Russell writes:

> I don't honestly believe you think we have nothing to worry about.  I
> think your points are well-meaning, but I don't want any of my friends
> to go through a trial and risk gaol time to demonstrate it 8(
>
> Talking here doesn't help avoid that.

The wording in the agreement is not easy to interpret. I think the
most beneficial thing at the moment would be to get a lawyer with
intellectual property experience to look at it, and let us know if we
understand it correctly. At least then we are able to lobby the
various parties with a correct understanding of the changes that would
occur, and how they will affect us.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org