[Linux-aus] Re: Why short sightedness is bad for Australia

pia at linux.org.au pia at linux.org.au
Mon Jun 28 14:59:02 UTC 2004

Leon Brooks writes:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:02, Brendon Chase wrote:
>> This is a commentary written by Tony Healy, a software developer who
>> does NOT work for ZDNet, Builder, or any part of CNET Networks.
>
> Really? What has he actually developed?

This is silly. Regardless of what we think about the article (I personally
thought it had some flaws to be sure) or the person writing it, the man has
a right to his opinion, and ZDNet should certainly not be put down for
having a range of opinions on the web site.

Lets try to not come across as aggressive to everyone that has a different
view, regardless what we think of that view. Otherwise, we just look
uncompromising, fanatical, dictatorial, and above all, people not to be
sensibly and professionally dealt with.

Pia

Pia Smith
President of Linux Australia