[Osia-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] RE: Why short sightedness is bad for Australia

Jason King pizza at netspace.net.au
Sat Jun 26 09:13:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 19:24, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:02, Brendon Chase wrote:
> > This is a commentary written by Tony Healy, a software developer who
> > does NOT work for ZDNet, Builder, or any part of CNET Networks.
>
> Really? What has he actually developed?

attack the argument , not the person leon.

Why not argue that the scenario he is describing (that rights are taken
away from people who licence their code with the GPL) cannot possibly
happen in a licence agreement that _adds_ to copyright law , and doesn't
take anything away?

Without solid foundations for his argument, he's got nothing.  I don't
think getting into a personal slanging match over this is a good idea.

--
I had a guaranteed military sale with ed 209, renovation program,
spare parts for 25 years. Who cares if it worked or not?

Dick Jones , Robocop.