[Linux-aus] Re: Financial information in public committee minutes

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Sun Jun 20 10:42:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:57:20AM +1000, Del wrote:
> >Mark's reports to the committee are normally quite detailed, and I am
> >not clear on why this hasn't bubbled through to the public minutes.
> >Andrew, what is the rationale behind this?
>
> It doesn't need to be that detailed.  It just needs to be the YTD
> income, expenses, opening balance, closing balance.  Perhaps with
> last year's YTD and total figures as well.  4 lines is all that's
> really needed.

These are actually pretty hard numbers to come by (as i understand it)
as you have the bank balances, what has yet to be processed and all that
stuff. So there's manual work in getting all this done and
('consolidating' - sounds like a money word) the accounts.

Mark does give us a real detailed view on the current scenario to the
ctte list, although this is largely unofficial due to the "this still
has to go through" and "we're waiting for this to show up" bits of it.
So, as for not making it all into the public minutes, it's probably due
to these ambiguities and not wanting to put things down that were
prepared as a status report and not as official financial documents.

although all this accounting stuff scares me and i'm no export - so
maybe add salt to taste.