[Linux-aus] AGIMO Open Source Procurement Guide for the Australian Federal Government

Ninti Systems office at ninti.com.au
Tue Jul 6 15:03:01 UTC 2004

One thing that comes to mind with Linux on the desktop ... organisations
should do an audit of the type of documents they work with and ensure
that open source alternatives will work as expected with existing
documents.

By this I mean that while OpenOffice, for example, will read Word
documents, it does not always read more complex formatting such as
complicated tables etc.

Assuming that no problems arise in this area, why wouldn't OSS be the
obvious choice!

Michael Hall

--
Ninti Systems: Smart IT Solutions