[Linux-aus] AGIMO Open Source Procurement Guide for the Australian Federal Government

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue Jul 6 09:17:02 UTC 2004

Hello all.

AGIMO[1] are commissioning a document (i.e sourcing guide) which will
provide government agencies with a better understanding of the
procurement processes involved for open source software and solutions.

The emphasis of the guide is on the practical, procedural and
policy-oriented machinery necessary to increase the likelihood of success
in any open source procurement, along with all appropriate considerations
for reducing risk in this relatively new procurement arena for the
Australian government. The document will not take a pro-FOSS advocacy
stance, remaining neutral on this topic.

The guide will also provide a useful set of information which can be used
by purveyors of open source solutions, to better understand government
sourcing needs and processes. If you are vendor in this space, and want
specific information included, here is your chance.

I invite you to contact me with any and all ideas and suggestions for
topics which should be covered in this guide.

Thanks.

[1] Australian Government Information Management Office
    http://www.agimo.gov.au/

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477