[Linux-aus] Lobbying government peoples

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Thu Jul 1 17:23:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've been speaking to my local member of parliament, Tanya Plibersek
(http://tanyaplibersek.com/copyright.htm) and I wanted to say a big warm
WELL DONE to Rusty, Craig Warner, and others who have successfully been
getting our message through. Anyone who hasn't get at least spoken to
their local member, you should. The problem is that the issues have not
been taken seriously by enough pollies, and we need to ensure that we
educate at least one of them... each :)

Ring, or write (paper!) soon, as we are running out of time. Remember
that email is worth very little, so type and print it out, then (gasp)
post it :)

Good luck all, we do have some power here and after all, what is the use
of freedom if you don't bother to exercise it :)

Pia
--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia