Re: [Linux-aus] LCA2006

If you happen to be located on the eastern sea board. Otherwise you need to take into account flights from the other side of the country to get to the eastern sea board to get those "cheap" flights to NZ. It would cost me $400 more (at least) to goto NZ than to say Hobart for instance purely based on flight costs. Considering there is a zero chance of me winning an RDP again, then any future trips to LCA will be funded out of my own pocket.

Personally I think Linux Australia (as a representative body for *Australian* Linux users) should take the interests of its Australian members into account before those of a different country IMHO in respect of where to host future LCAs.

Anyway, if there are enough people in NZ to have an LCA there, then why don't they hold one in their own right anyway (LCNZ)?

/ Ben

Ryan Verner wrote:

It's actually cheap as hell these days to fly to NZ (cheaper than flying to Perth from Sydney, for example), and I don't think you need a passport to do so, so it's a reasonably sane suggestion. Apparently the LUG's over there are quite dominant, too.