Re: [Linux-aus] LCA2006

Bret Busby wrote:

Personally, whilst I have not yet been to an LCA or CALU (as it used to be called), I think that it would be appropriate to hold the 2006 one in Hobart, with consideration for Darwin for the 2007 one.

<snip>

I think that a location in NZ, should be out of the question, unless and

<snip utter nonsense>

So, I believe that there are too many issues and problems, with holding a conference in NZ, while the two are separate counries with separate laws and separate tax systems.

If _you_ have a problem with a NZ conference then do us all a favour and don't go. By your own admission this will not put you out at all. Nobody else has expressed a problem with the idea so get over it.

Tim Bowden