[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Jan 30 09:34:01 UTC 2004

Jason King wrote:

>I know from previous experience with
>installfests that private schools would be interested , as well as TAFE
>colleges.  Not so much public schools though , they still get M$ licences
>pretty cheap , so they don't care.

Private schools still get extremely cheap Microsoft licencing.  I do
on-site work for a catholic college and they don't pay much for the MS
software they run at all.

But even though they get very cheap MS software, they have several Linux
machines acting as servers and they are wanting to trial a Linux desktop
machine in their library shortly to see what the response is.

/ Ben