[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Jan 29 13:51:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 12:55, Ryan Verner wrote:
> Agreed entirely, but that 'other face' does need to be distinctly
> unique from the other body.  Where does LA stand though; are we
> focussing on the developer community, on the user/corporate community,
> or both?

Our trend has been to focus on our members - the majority of which is
the technical community. This does not mean that things for non-tech
people/groups are a bad thing - but we do have to focus on those people
who fund us (through the conf) - i.e. what they want and what will
service them.

Having the separate face could be useful in some situations, but could,
on the other hand, just create yet another bunch of admin tasks that
need to be done. I'd love comment from industry people about this.

IMHO spending some energy on a roadshow and encouraging people to get
involved would benefit our community (through more work, greater
exposure etc).

--
Stewart Smith <stewart at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia Inc