[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Thu Jan 29 10:41:01 UTC 2004

On 29/01/2004, at 1:16 PM, Brent Wallis (IS) wrote:
> "Forking" ones marketing efforts is not a good thing to do....in fact,
> it will have a very opposite affect to what everyone seems to want to
> achieve.

When there's (at least) two very, very different mentalities, and
target audiences, some of which can have very alternative views, there
has to be separate bodies representing the OSS community, otherwise I
personally don't see it working.  That said though, these bodies do
need to work very closely together.

Arjen's on the ball with his post.

Signature space for rent.