[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Samps samps at redjocks.com
Thu Jan 29 10:10:35 UTC 2004

Rusty Russell wrote:

> There's been talk of a Linux/OSS Roadshow around Australia.
>
> This would be aimed at managers and users, rather than technical
> people, with demonstrations etc. (think mini tradeshow, one morning or
> one day maximum).
>

> Thanks,
> Rusty.

I'd like to see an educationally oriented software/os roadshow tour the
schools in Australia, with an 'out-of-the-box' educational network,
which is easily adapted to the needs of the individual schools with all
their students, teaching staff, administrative staff etc.

The schools are a Microsoft 'stronghold' at the moment. That is sad, cos
it means that we are actually 'creating' MS-addicts by the tens of
thousands.

Time to put a bit of focus on some very good alternatives.

Count me in.

cheers
Samps