[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Jan 29 09:49:20 UTC 2004

>> Very soon, a national organisation [think One Ring to Rule Them All] is
>> coming about with business members from all over Australia. Although I
>> can't talk for them, this type of thing sounds like something that we
>> would certainly consider very seriously.
>
> Just what we need - *another* organisation in the FOSS space in Australia
> trying to be the voice to the outside world! :-(
>
> "You are in a maze of twisty organisations, all alike".

Mmmm. I really hope that such a group would be part of, or at the very
least, strongly affiliated with Linux Australia. Rather than being
entirely separate, it could simply be another face of the same
organisation (and a thriving part of the general community that Linux
Australia represents).

A largely independent sub-committee of Linux Australia would be an
excellent venue for this.

- Jeff