[Linux-aus] Favourite Dist./Editor/Shell on LCA'04 Name Tags

Anshul Gupta tech at anshulgupta.com
Mon Jan 26 10:17:01 UTC 2004

On 26/01/2004, at 10:04 AM, Arjen Lentz wrote:

> Hi Anshul,
>
> On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 17:55, Anshul Gupta wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh please - let's not start this flame war....
>>
>> Don't intend to start a flame war. Was just interested in break by
>> numbers not names.
>
> Most flame-wars don't start by intention ;-)
>
> Anyway, you don't need a crystal ball (or the LCA2004 stats) to know
> what the predominant distro at LCA2004 was: it's Debian.
> Remember that Bdale did a raise of hands in the main hall?

He asked who knows about Debian (Something like that). I also raised
hand but it's not my favorite distribution. I raised this issue as
although the conference was dominated by one distro on the name tags I
could see a variety.

Also tridge told in this talk "... whether it runs on Debian or the
other half systems of the world ..." but the statistics don't point in
that direction.

That's why I asked for break-up by numbers. When I asked  Geoffrey
Bennett, he told that Michael Davies will announce the numbers in
conference closing speech  but then it wasn't for some reason. So he
suggested to ask this question on the mailing list. But now I am not
interested to know break-up.

Cheers,
Anshul

PS: This mail has no intention to initiate a flame war.