[Linux-aus] LCA2006 (was: Broome 2006)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Jan 25 23:10:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:14, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> At 2004/1/22 15:56+1100  Matthew Williams writes:
>> After sitting in hot classrooms with no air
>> conditioning in Adelaide for LCA2004 my preference would be to go
>> somewhere cooler, bring on Tasmania for LCA2006!

> You really thought that was *hot* weather? It was positively chilly
> for an Adelaide summer :-)

In light of this and the Kiwi vote, I think Dunedin would fix any
complaints about too much heat. And if we continue Canberra's habit of
date-slipping, we'd hold the conf in June. Unfortunately, the South Sea
Hotel only sleeps 30, else we could have an even brisker venue. (-:

After that, I think Broome or Cairns would definitely be on the cards.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Past Committee Member, Linux Australia