[Linux-aus] LCA2006 (was: Broome 2006)

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Jan 22 13:43:01 UTC 2004

<quote who="Ryan Verner">

> Linux.Conf.***AU*** in NZ... what the heck?

Australasia.

> Nice idea maybe, and I know flights to<->from NZ are cheap these days,
> but you'd probably scare off most the aussie regulars.

It's pretty much the same as Perth from the east coast, and Perth didn't
scare anyone off at all. :-) The major sponsors are supportive, I believe
there's some support from the venue (although Dunedin is certainly tougher
to get to than Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch), and Mike is busily
building his team.

Join the NZ-for-2006 lobby group today. :-)

- Jeff

  We're kind of like Canada, only we hate ourselves more, and it's wetter
                             around the edges.