[Linux-aus] Re: A Big Australian Thankyou

Cesar Brod cesar at brod.com.br
Mon Jan 19 20:36:02 UTC 2004

Pia, we are the ones saying "Obrigado" from the deep of our hearts to
you and Linux Australia. When Joice and all of the other girls started
the Gnurias project we thought it was a wonderful thing, and we would
never imagine at that point the repercussion their work would have. They
found ways of helping people with simple actions, knowing and overcoming
the group's limitations, and it seemed to be a great thing, as now their
work is known all over the world. While Joice was in Australia, two
major Brazilian IT magazines (Revista do Linux and InfoExame) had
articles on the Gnurias. More and more we believe solutions to all
problems must be simple, the "Unix way of living". Gnurias are showing
us we must keep believing.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to thank Joice for her excellent
work with Univates, Solis, and of course the Gnurias. I know how much
professional and personal effort she has put on this task, since the
moment she submitted the paper, and mostly after getting the news her
paper was approved. I was sure she was going to give a great talk, even
knowing it was going to be her first international talk, in a language
that was not her own.

Joice is at home now, recovering from the trip, timezone difference and
a cold. She called me yesterday as soon as she got into Brazil, and told
me how happy she was and how thankful she was for all the people who
helped her and also bought her beer in Australia ;) -- and I will let
her write about it...

I am sure this was just the beginning of a wonderful and productive
friendship, and we all wish to see you soon here in Brazil!

On behalf of Univates and Solis (and of course on my own behalf ;) ),
Muito Obrigado!

Wish you all the best!

Cesar