[Linux-aus] State representation on the board

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Sat Jan 10 17:25:34 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 12:39, Anthony Towns wrote:
> communication with local groups is *the* core task of the LA ctte IMO;

This is actually contrary to what we discussed in the ctte face2face
meeting in sydney where AfC did a wonderful job in helping us map out
what type of org we are so we were all on the same set of rails.

We decided that no matter what - we should facilitate a great linux
technical conference (LCA) and we would be failing in our roles if we
let anything jeopardize that (like spending all the money).

This, as i hope others will agree, should be the first priority - with
other things coming second. A lot of things want to be in that 2nd place
though :)

We're getting better :) and hey, it's great that such debate is alive
and well on the list.

--
Stewart Smith <stewart at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia Inc