[Linux-aus] State representation on the board: vision for LA

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Jan 9 13:37:02 UTC 2004

<quote who="Anthony Towns">

> State versus state *competition* is great. Trying to do better than
> Sydney, specifically because it was Sydney, was one of the motivations for
> us doing the Brisbane l.c.a, and I think that one of Perth and Adelaide
> both got a bit of extra motivation from trying to prove they were a better
> host city than Canberra (and after they got the conference, proving they
> could do a better job of it than anyone previous had).

Oh, far out dude. Everyone wants their LCA to be the best, and everyone
wants LCA to get better and better every year. It has jack-squat-fuck-all to
do with state-vs-state competition. I'm sorry, but you seem to be obsessed
with this silly notion.

- Jeff

   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl