[Linux-aus] State representation on the board: vision for LA

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Jan 9 11:39:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:23:18PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Cold calling people you don't know well, who've got day jobs
> > on issues you think are important but they might not give a damn about
> > doesn't seem particularly sensible either.
> Dude, this is what the committee is for.

Dude, the committee is meant to do whatever it takes to work with it's
members, not to demand its members work in the way that's most convenient
for it.

That's what you just said, so presumably we agree, but one of those
ways that's convenient for lots of people is being available for face
to face discussions. If that weren't true, conferences wouldn't be as
cool as they are.

> I think you are using this as an excuse to make your point. The committee
> *are* accountable to us. If you are not comfortable with contacting the
> committee or working with them - as the rest of us are! -

Well, of course you are: you've got _three_ representatives in NSW,
including the president and the immediate past-president.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004