[Linux-aus] State representation on the board: vision for LA

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Jan 9 11:20:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:59, Anthony Towns wrote:
> No offense, but I've got nothing to say to you. I don't even know
> you.

To be fixed shortly. (-:

> In any event, informal policies like this are _exactly_ the reason
> why it's useful to have someone local who's in the know and can clue
> you in on them. Resending mail once a day is a good way of pissing
> off a lot of people into ignoring you forever, it's certainly not
> something I'd try out of the blue. Cold calling people you don't know
> well, who've got day jobs on issues you think are important but they
> might not give a damn about doesn't seem particularly sensible
> either.

True. So spend time getting to know the new Committee while you're at
the conf, even if they're from Queensland.

Qld in particular is kind of interesting because aside form the NT it'd
be the closest thing au has to a multi-headed state, with a fair few
people in Townsville, Gold Coast, Cairns etc. Bunbury is the only one
within hailing distance of Perth in WA. So if your Qld rep lived in
Cairns, would you be any better off than if they lived in Ultimo?

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia