[Linux-aus] Re: AGM agenda tweaking: divorcing from conf

Anand Kumria akumria at linux.org.au
Thu Jan 8 23:03:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:31:08PM +1100, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> At 2004/1/8 18:18+0800  Leon Brooks writes:
> > On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:20, Bret Busby wrote:
> > > And, divorce the SGM's, and AGM's, from the conference, hopefully
> >
> > That would be highly counterproductive. Where and when else would we get
> > so many members face to face, especially pre-filtered to mostly include
> > those who are most vitally interested in LA and most likely to do
> > something about it?
>
> Does the voting for the various positions have to be done at the same
> time as the AGM?

Yes, from a treasurer perspective an AGM closer towards the financial
year end would makes this simpler. As it is I have to back-track and
reconcile accounts for the _last_ financial year (2002 - 2003).

Even though this current one (2003 - 2004) is already halfway over.

> I wonder if you end up with state-bias because of that - ie lots more
> local people attend the conference and are more likely to vote for people
> from their own state because they know them better.

Hard to say since the sample size for this is exactly 1. Typical
attendence at all previous confs has been approximately 50% are locals.

Cheers,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never