[Linux-aus] AGM agenda tweaking (is it possible)?

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Jan 8 11:21:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 12:13, Robert Thomson wrote:
> It seems a shame that we'll be voting largely on
> who-looks-good-on-the-day, largely precluding those who can't make it
> due to other commitments but might make excellent committee members.

Currently this could be a problem - but hopefully there are enough good
people who've kept a good profile to the people there (and those who've
sent in proxy votes) to get good people elected.

> Holding the primary vote at the conference will always have that
> effect, I suspect.

As mentioned before - if the constitution changes go through, we'll have
other methods available to us in the future.

> Cheers,
>     Rob.

cheers for the input,
--