[Linux-aus] Next time, ask before you accuse.

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Jan 8 20:00:57 UTC 2004

<quote who="Andrew Cowie">

> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 21:12, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Pia's been blogging from Geneva or something for some reason that seems
> > LA related.

> That you were too impolite to ask privately before making accusations in
> public speaks poorly of your character - and besmirches your otherwise
> well deserved (and hard earned) reputation.

Hrm, it didn't sound like Anthony was making a negative accusation there, he
was just stating the situation as he saw it. It does seem that Pia's trip to
Geneva was LA related, and strengthed by LA's relationship with LPI.

Although I don't think it's entirely relevant in this case (because it was
not related to LA) - there has been no LA communication about it. So, that
may further the confusion.

I think AJ's example was just an example, not an accusation. :-)

- Jeff

   "My computer is like 3 lines of code away from attaining sentience. I
        just have an off-by-one bug somewhere, and that's it: total
                       consciousness." - Nat Friedman