[linux-aus] Re: distributed voting

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jan 8 10:56:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Anand Kumria wrote:

> > And, divorce the SGM's, and AGM's, from the conference, hopefully, as
>
> Eventually, although that is a slightly different debate, which I
> suspect would be get someone lost in the various threads going on at the
> moment.
>
> A test will be if we can have an SGM towards the middle of the year to
> fixup a few other errors in the consititution which were not put on the
> table in time.
>
> That will get both the organisation of LA and its members used to
> running things distributedly. Perhaps you can assist by looking into
> some system that would allow that to happen painlessly?

Have you read the message that I posted, in response to Leon's one, in
the thread "Constitution version 6"?

In the part (my inline response), where I start the paragraph with "A
mailing list is set up", I give a description of a model.

Is that sufficient as a starting point, or do you want more detail?

I can insert a copy of the paragraph into a message such as this, if you
want, but, as it is already posted, I thought a reference to it, might
be adequate.

If it is sufficient as a starting point, a trusted Perl or PHP developer
on the list, could probably write a polling application to implement the
details that I have mentioned. The application could then be tested,
using surveys in the interim, before the SGm, to refine the application.

Depending on the degree of detail that you want, I can probably find the
people involved in the model that was used in the thing in which I was
involved, but it may take a while (a week, or some weeks), to find which
computer has the material that can lead me back to the people involved,
(I am not sure which email application I was using at the time, but I
probably still have the emails from a few years ago) and, then try to
contact them, to try to get details of the polling system, etc.

Let me know what you want from here.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale