[Linux-aus] National Open Source industry forum

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Jan 7 13:44:38 UTC 2004

Some months back, we started discussing (on these lists) the creation of a
national peak-body of for-profit organisations, firms and consultancies
which work with Free & Open Soure Software (FOSS). The purpose of such an
organisation would be to co-ordinate marketing and evangelism exercises,
targeting increased penetration of FOSS in the corporate, government and
education sectors, helping members build their businesses in the process.

I've been in discussions with people from WA, SA, Tas, NSW & ACT about
what form such a body should take and have a few models for consideration.

LCA 2004 would be a natural place to discuss this further.

Seek me out if you are interested in helping.