Michael Davies nomination (was Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations page - updated)

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Jan 6 07:12:01 UTC 2004

Hmmmm....

> > He is organised, energetic, fair, politically correct and a
> > wonderful person. I'll ask whether you accept before putting the
> > nomination up ;) Michael?

lol at politically correct - no he's not, he's just better at thinking before
he opens his mouth than most others ;-P That's a much better reason to elect
him than being politically correct.

> By day Michael works as a software engineer or a large multi-national
> company, doing everything from embedded software development to web
> applications, leading software teams, and managing customers.

Anyone could have sworn you were a full-time conference organiser over the
last year...

> He thinks Linux Australia should be truely representative of LUGs all
> around the country, and should strive to have good working relationships
> with other groups such as AUUG, the ACS, and other such professional
> associations.  Michael feels sorry for the organisers of Linux.Conf.Au
> 2005 and wants to help ease their load.

*BuzZ*

We have raise the ante for the "best linux.conf.au" ever; if anything we
WILL be an extraordinarily difficult act to follow.

For what it's worth, I'm happy to second your nomination as soon as the
committee approves my membership.

DSL

--
"Theoden is a kindly old man. Denethor is another sort, proud
 and subtle, a man of far greater lineage and power, though

For this week and the next, consider me as Denethor; if you
wish the Steward's kindness, then make no haste to insult him,
or the lands under his watch.