[Linux-aus] Re: Kim nominates Stewart (-: and Leon makes a political speech :-)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Jan 5 13:30:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:19, Kimberly Shelt wrote:
> I would like to nominate him for the position of President

Stewart would also make a pretty reasonable Prez, and doing the Prez of
Vice thing seems to be doing good to his soul.

However, Pia has some special magic, some of it to do with being a
well-spoken femme (this shocks people who think all geeks are rude
pimply teenage blokes into listening) but most of it to do simply with
who she is. I'd like to see that play itself out for another year or
two, at least.

If Pia gets hit by a meteor before the elections, however, I'd be
delighted with Stewart as Prez.

Some might see a conflict of interest in having both Pia and Jeff on
Committee, as would have I a year ago, but I've watched them work
things out between themselves unusually well, and they appear to have
the ability to disagree amongst themselves without rancour. For this
and similar reasons I'd wholeheartedly endorse having Jeff on Committee
while Pia is Prez, and if for any reason he doesn't get elected, I'd be
interested in having him seconded in anyway.

I've already posted on AfC plus the existing Committee, and on Mark
Tearle, but I don't know our other current nominees well enough to
comment (ie, please don't take my silence on them to be in any way
indicative of disapproval).

As with Tony B-T, I think MissKim herself would be a useful addition to
LA's Committee, but I get the impression that her candle's aflame both
fore and aft already. I wonder if we could provoke Bernard Blackham to
sufficient recklessness to stand for office? (-:

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia