[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] Constitution Version 6 - Last one!

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sun Jan 4 17:02:01 UTC 2004

Andrew,

> This came about from a conversation Pia and I are having just now; I'm
> Secretary [until next week, anyway ;)] and so I'm the drone who is
> supposed to be approving new memberships. We realized that it was
> unclear whether or not I can take action, or whether a formal Committee
> Meeting needs to be held in order to have a formal Motion to approve
> each application.

If you accept, then as soon as you make me a member (!), I would propose you
in the position of secretary. Seeing I probably can't make a formal
proposal, can you take this as a prod to nominate yourself?

 1. You've bought a lot of experience and acumen to Linux Australia
 2. You've always struck me as being professional and capable in your
    position
 3. I think you can continue to help build the bridges between all the
    various open source groups in Australia if you were secretary

I'm not saying that any of the other contenders wouldn't make a good
secretary but you *have* proved yourself.

DSL

--
"Theoden is a kindly old man. Denethor is another sort, proud
 and subtle, a man of far greater lineage and power, though

For this week and the next, consider me as Denethor; if you
wish the Steward's kindness, then make no haste to insult him,
or the lands under his watch.