[Linux-aus] Nominations! Nominations!

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Jan 4 13:21:01 UTC 2004

<quote who="Pia Smith">

> Nominations close in 4 days, the constitution demands 7 days prior to the
> elections that they close. If we want to do it properly, we have to stick
> to this. If you see a position vacant, then nominate someone you think is
> appropriate, but we can't constitutionally take any calls from the floor
> unless a position is completely vacant. The only way to be safe is to have
> either the right person nominated or a choice nominated before the 7 day
> deadline.

In that case, I'm going to nominate for Vice President, Secretary and
Treasurer too, seeing that no one else has. If other people who I would vote
for nominate, then I'll resign those nominations. :-)

(I guess I'd suggest others do the same.)

- Jeff

   "Slashdot seems to run a lot of obituaries. Perhaps there should be a
                               topic for it."
    "There already is. It's called the BSD section." - Anonymous Coward