[Linux-aus] Promoting FOSS in Australia

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri Feb 20 09:01:02 UTC 2004

Hi Ben,

> I read the .pdf @ the OSV site. Very concise and powerful, hope that at
> least it will be added to the litany of current complaints but will it
> do any good? Will they, SCO AU/NZ, really care?

Do we care if they care?

I have no hope whatsoever that a group such as OSV will issue a press
release, and Darl will read it and see the light and say "Oh my gosh,
I've been such an idiot - they were right all along" and change his
ways.

Ain't gonna happen.

But that's not the point in this case, which is to counter the FUD and
put the situation in perspective for those who are evaluating use of
FOSS within their organisations.

Cheers  :-)

Jonathan Oxer
--
The Debian Universe: Installing, managing and using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.debianuniverse.com/