[Linux-aus] Never mind the MyDoom crap, make some noise about this!

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Feb 13 13:39:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:30:58PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>   http://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/negotiations/us_fta/outcomes/08_intellectual_property.html
> Seriously scary stuff, that we *need* to address.

FYI: http://www.democrats.org.au/news/index.htm?press_id=3283&display=1

] We must maintain our intellectual property sovereignty in this area. If
] 'harmonisation' means adopting US standards and the DMCA, then we are
] selling out Australias successful proliferation of small and medium-sized
] software companies to the multinational giants, and stepping on civil
] liberties in the process, Senator Greig said.
]
] Senator Greig says it is alarming that the full details of the FTA
] will not be known for at least two more weeks.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004