[Linux-aus] Media Contact and FOSS education

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Fri Feb 13 10:12:02 UTC 2004

Hi Marco,

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 10:05, Marco Ostini wrote:
> > ... fairly small as has been suggested. Possibly 4 people? Any volouteers?
>
> May I nominate Leon Brooks as either a candidate for the Media Officer
> position, and at very least on the media group.

I second that, for Leon being on that group in an internal position.

While Leon speaks extremely well, he is currently having fun with SCO,
something which draws attention to him personally. If he were to
represent Linux Australia in the press, meanwhile also being visible in
this other capacity, this would distract from the message he is trying
to deliver for Linux Australia. It would also raise the question about
what Linux Australia thinks about Leon's actions on SCO, and Leon can't
possibly explain all these angles at the same time. Well he might, but a
journalist will certainly get confused anyway ;-)

I think it should be a general "rule" that anyone whose name/face shows
up as spokesperson for Linux Australia in this context should stay out
of the limelight personally. Just to be sure.

> If there is minimal interest, that I would also like to assist in the
> media group.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Technical Writer, Trainer
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Sydney 1 Mar 2004 (5 days): Using & Managing MySQL Training
Training,Support,Licenses,T-shirts @ https://order.mysql.com/?marl