[Linux-aus] Media Officer Now

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Thu Feb 5 06:09:01 UTC 2004

Yes, in SA they have to do x number of hours training and development
during the year or they have to stay at school an extra week.

I don't believe courses need department approval here, just sign off
from the teachers head of department. My gf is claiming her visit to
EducationLinux as T&D time.

Basically, if I put on a training session with relevance to their
teaching and offered a printed certificate at the end I reckon most
teachers could claim it here.

I think I would want a copy of OpenCD (lots of nice OSS for Windows
users), an English Knoppix each and a few Japanese ones (most schools
teach Japanese), the OOo school handout and a few of my own "What is
OSS" ones for them to take home with them. Speaking notes or any help
from someone who has arranged something would be great.

A CD with a copy of Python and the lame high school produced
IntroducingPython video on it would be neat as well. Too many schools
don't teach programming because the teachers are not trained. It is
important that as many people as possible be creators and not just
consumers.