[Linux-aus] Media Officer Now

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Feb 4 22:09:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 08:54:27PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Con Zymaris">
> > On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 05:00:46PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Debian has *lots* of flamewars in public. It's far less bothersome than
> > > you'd expect.
> Apart from people not joining because it's a fundamentally unattractive way
> to run a community. :-)

*shrug* As you're presumably well aware, we're turning people away,
not dying of oxygen starvation.

Avoiding the flamewars is good, having them in private and pretending
they don't exist isn't. Keeping secrets and having to worry about leaked
memos and stolen source code is how the opposition play things, not us.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004