[Linux-aus] Media Officer Now

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Feb 4 20:22:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:38:26PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Jonathon Coombes">
>
> > > ideas on how this can be achieved are welcome.
> >
> > Unfortunately, "secrecy" is often unavoidable.
>
> > I am with Con on this one. If someone can come up with a better
> > model of disseminating the information, while retaining the spirit
> > of openness, let us know. There are many projects that I am sure
> > will appreciate your input to solve this problem.
>
> A few mails back, I suggested keeping any marketing discussion on the
> committee and potentially the LUG lists. Small, trusted, with visibility
> where it counts (which you wouldn't get with three or four people on a new
> mailing list as suggested earlier).

but you also said you wanted to avoid yet-another-list ;-)

Either way, on this topic at least, small and stealthy == good. open and
promiscuous == bad.

Whichever way you guys want to handle this, yelp if you need help.

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477