[Linux-aus] Media Officer Now

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Feb 4 19:28:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:48, Con Zymaris wrote:
> Guys, it's not enough to just hand out flashy-looking CDs though.
> Think about it. How many 'free' CDs have you been handed out in the
> past 5 years? How many of those have you actually bothered to
> installed? I've lost count of the hundreds of free CD's that are
> piling up on my shelves gathering dust.

I think a minimalist approach would be to include a card with an offer
of up to n man-hours' personal help in getting started with the CD.

I have a contact in a local printing shop who will do nice,
photographic, double-sided business cards on durable plasticised card
(the type that shrugs off water and is useful for unlocking doors) for
20c each in relatively small quantities. Just supply 2x CMYK TIFFs at
1110x685 pixels, 300DPI (and no printing etc in the outer 25 pixels),
turnaround in a week or so.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA