[Linux-aus] Election code testing time!

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Dec 9 00:17:01 UTC 2004

Okay, it's 12:30am and I'm opening something up for testing - my
insanity is confirmed.

First things first:
 - http://www.linux.org.au/membership/
 - you may need to go through the recover password procedure
(recommended)
 - You may find bugs. no bugzilla yet, please email me reports.
 - in the navigation box (on the left) you'll see an item named
'Elections'. Select this.
 - you'll see a list of elections. Hopefully things make sense.
 - There is a test election for people to play with over the next 24hrs
or so. Please try things, tell me what does (and doesn't) work.

Second things are second:
 - It's all open source
 - The source is in arch :
	http://www.flamingspork.com/archives/memberdb/
	get this:
	stewart at flamingspork.com--memberdb/memberdb--stable--0.3
 - There is a website:
	http://www.flamingspork.com/projects/memberdb/
 - documentation on how to set it up locally is coming. If interested,
ask me via mail/irc/phone/icq/goons at my door.

And the most important thing:
- Contributors are welcome and encouraged.

and lastly:
- catch me in #linux.conf.au on freenode (i'm MacPlusG3)

please, let me sleep - and let there be no bugs!
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia