[Linux-aus] FTA

Craig Warner craigw at blue.net.au
Wed Dec 1 11:28:01 UTC 2004

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I get this feeling when Howard goes to these regional talk fests now, all he mentions is FTA's.

Afterall Australia has just sign a horror of a deal with the USA and is now in Canberra, laws are being passed to 'enable' the FTA.

Howard talks of advantage but is this in fact a back door method for the USA to force other countries such as New Zealand to adopt Australian Laws which have been change to suit the Americans ie DMCA?

If this is the case, perhaps we should be warning Open Source people in other countries, before their Leaders sign on the bottom line to these FTAs with Australia?

Craig